Looking for a long-term solution to your missing teeth? Implant dentistry in Metairie, LA, is a great choice! Unlike bridges, which must be replaced every five to ten years, dental implants can last for decades. Plus, they look just like your real teeth, so nobody will be able to tell the difference.
For Metairie quality dental implants, call the office of Dr. George P. Cerniglia at (504) 454-5880.
Enjoy a Brilliant Smile With Our Dental Implants
If you’re reluctant to show off your smile because of missing teeth, implant dentistry could be perfect for you. Below, you’ll learn everything you need to know about implant dentistry.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants, as the name suggests, are surgically implanted titanium posts inserted where missing teeth used to be. You can get dental implants for just one tooth root, a row of teeth, or your entire mouth. Implant-supported dentures are also available if you’re missing many teeth or having trouble chewing.
A periodontist or oral surgeon will perform the implant surgery for you. Once the implants fuse to your bone, which usually takes four to six months, Dr. Cerniglia will create custom crowns or bridges to replace your missing teeth.
Dental Implant Techniques
The following are some of the dental implants we offer:
- All-on-4: This is a good solution for patients who are losing their teeth or have lost all their teeth.
- Bone grafting: We may suggest bone grafting if your jawbone lacks the structure needed for implants.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Not sure if dental implants make sense for you? When you get implant dentistry in Metairie, LA, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- More self-confidence: It’s only natural to feel a little embarrassed if you’re missing teeth. If your teeth are missing or damaged, smiling during job interviews, dates, and other social events can be tough, leading to potentially awkward situations. Dental implants look just like your real teeth, which can give you back your confidence and make it easier to show your smile to the world.
- Impressive durability: Dental implants are just as tough as real teeth. With regular checkups and good oral care, yours could last 10 to 30 years.
- Eating your favorite foods again: Chewing certain foods can be tricky or downright impossible with missing teeth. After getting implants, you can go back to savoring the foods you love.
Is Dental Implant Surgery Right for You?
Dental implants aren’t right for everyone. Most people are candidates for dental implants, but the following groups should ask their dentist about a different solution:
- People with poor oral hygiene: Although implants can’t get cavities like real teeth can, the area around the implant can develop an inflammatory condition called peri-implantitis if patients don’t take care of their teeth.
- People who smoke or chew tobacco: Tobacco products contain nicotine and other chemicals that can prevent the body from supplying blood to the jaw. That means implants have a high chance of failure for tobacco users.
- Kids and teens: Dental implants aren’t right for children and teenagers because their jaws are still growing and need room to accommodate natural changes in dental alignment. Implants would disrupt jaw growth in young people and prevent adult teeth from coming in properly.
- The very elderly: Dental implants aren’t usually recommended for people over 85. This is because the older one gets, the riskier surgery becomes. Elderly people usually have more brittle bones and decreased blood flow, making implant placement more challenging .
Reach Out to Our Dental Office in Metairie To Learn More
If you’re ready to regain your confidence and have a smile you’re proud to show off, call us to schedule implant dentistry in Metairie, LA, today. We also offer fillings, bridges, tooth bonding, and other general dentistry services.
To make your next dental care appointment, call the office of George P. Cerniglia, at (504) 454-5880.